Understanding the graph:
- The first bar chart provides the percent of the general population that is veterans (ages 18 and over). The light blue bar is 2013 and 2016 is the dark blue bar.
- The second bar chart indicates the percent of the veteran population that is below poverty level. The light blue bar is 2013 and 2016 is the dark blue bar.
- The gauge graphs on the third screen utilize Fond du Lac County (WI) as it’s benchmarking median income, where you will see a tick on each gauge at about $35,000.
- The civilian population for all comparable locations is going down. The United States has the lowest percentage of veterans in comparison to the counties and Wisconsin.
- Fond du Lac County (WI) has the smallest percent of veterans with income below poverty level, where the United States has the highest.
- The lowest median income for veterans is in Manitowoc County (WI) and the greatest median income is in the United States. Fond du Lac County (WI) ranks on the higher end of median income of veterans.
Source: U.S. Census Bureau‹‹ Back to Demographics